|1. Registration Process: You can begin using our site by filling out our online sign up page. By registering with us, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself and to update that information if it changes. During registration, you may be provided the option of receiving email from us which will let you know when new members from your class have registered. Our site is growing quickly, and new registrations come in daily. This feature and many others can be modified to your liking by using the My Profile page.
It is your responsibility to make sure we always have your current email address. If we do not, we will not be able to pass information from your classmates to you (which is one of the main purposes of our site). So please maintain a valid email address at all times.
2. Memberships: There are three levels of membership
(A) Standard - Immediately after registering you have a standard free membership. You are under no obligation to become a paid subscriber. For the privacy of our members you will need to subscribe in order to view the entire site so many pages and features will be unavailable until that time.
(B) Subscribers may:
- View the entire site and browse other schools
- Send email messages to other members
- View comments posted by other members
- View their activity list details
(C) We offer a 5 year and a Life Time subscription at very affordable prices. You may also earn a Life Time subscription by scanning and uploading a yearbook to our gallery or by getting your classmates to join. View the Yearbooks and My Referrals page for more details.
(D) Membership Cancellation - To be removed from the site members must login and use the Contact Us page to make a formal request. The use of any other means to request removal WILL NOT BE HONORED. The reason for this is to insure that the request is actually coming from the member and not from a friend or family member who may have access to your email account.
Alumni ARCHIVE will change the specific services offered to our members from time to time and has the right to do so without advance notice to our members. We strive to improve your experience on our site and will test a variety of service offerings in an attempt to provide you with useful tools and services all in an effort to continue to provide the most enjoyable and comprehensive alumni sites in the world.
3. Member Conduct: Although we have no obligation to screen or edit information that is posted or shared by members, we reserve the right to remove any objectionable information, at our discretion, without notice.
You also agree to:
You also agree NOT to:
- Follow all local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
- Take responsibility for all acts that occur under your account or password, including any content transmitted or broadcast from your account.
- Maintain the confidentiality of your password and login identity.
- Comply with all intellectual property and other proprietary rights laws, including but not limited to federal copyright and trademark laws, in the use of the site and in making your personal profile and submissions of stories.
- Abide by our "No Refund" policy pertaining to membership subscriptions to the Site. You agree to reimburse Alumni ARCHIVE for any monetary cancellation, charge back, debit plus any other expenses related to the recovery of said subscription fee.
- Provide only accurate and appropriate personal information about yourself. Please do not post sexually explicit or violent language or photos. You agree to keep your personal information posted on the site within the convention of good taste. We do not review the directory or individuals' profiles looking for inappropriate material, but if it is brought to our attention, we will require that you revise or delete the inappropriate information. We have the right to request edits or make edits to your personal information at our discretion.
Other important rules:
- Use incognito or false (bogus) names when registering or communicating on our site. You also agree not to use initials as a substitute for your first or last name or leave your first or last name blank. Violators will be subject to being removed and future access blocked.
- Use your access to your schools alumni site for any commercial purpose unless given express permission in writing to do so. Violators will be subject to reimbursing Alumni Archive for all advertising costs. Current and future revenue losses will also be sought if we determine the violator offers similar services as provided by Alumni Archive.
- Post email addresses in any form or fashion on the site or links to other alumni sites or groups. You also may not post any negative or derogatory comments about Alumni Archive within your profile or anywhere else on the site. If you are not happy for some reason than contact us and we'll be happy to remove you from the site.
- Send junk mail to our members or solicit our members for commercial purposes.
- Republish information found in the site without first obtaining written permission from Alumni ARCHIVE.
- Post any false, misleading, slanderous, libelous, or inaccurate information about others on our site. In the event you do, we have the right to release your identifying information to the police, our attorneys or the individual you mentioned in your posting so that they may take action against you.
- Post or forward any confidential correspondence from Alumni ARCHIVE.
- Our double-blind email system is designed for members to communicate with other members at the highest and most meaningful level possible. Misuse or abuse of this open policy will result in the immediate termination of membership.
- Alumni ARCHIVE reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate your access to the site at any time without notice or refund if you are suspected of violating any of these Terms of Service. We also reserve the right, on occasion, to require you to change your login name and password.
- Swearing, obscenities, and inappropriate behavior (as solely determined by Alumni ARCHIVE) on bulletin or message boards, biographies, comments, class news, stories, jokes sections, or otherwise on the site will not be tolerated, and your membership will be immediately terminated if we determine that you have participated in such behavior on the site.
- Reporting our automated messages as SPAM through your email provider will result in immediate removal and banning from our site. If you no longer wish to receive certain announcements you may turn them off using the link provided within the message. If no link is provided than consider the announcement a "confirmation email" as described in Section 1.
4. Abuse of Conduct:
Reporting abusive conduct: Please contact us at webmaster@Alumni ARCHIVE.net in the event you need to report abusive conduct. Although we have no obligation to police the site, we do try to remove content that is clearly inappropriate when it is brought to our attention.
Consequences for abusive conduct: In the event you violate these Terms of Service, Alumni ARCHIVE has the right to terminate your account without refund. In the event of a serious violation (as solely determined by Alumni ARCHIVE) Alumni ARCHIVE may also file suit against you for business interference or other appropriate legal theories and we will seek compensation from you for lost business and any other potential damage to us caused by your actions. Alumni ARCHIVE has the right to remove anyone from the Site suspected of violations of the law or our Terms of Service. Alumni ARCHIVE will cooperate with authorities on any said suspected violations when ordered by a court to do so .
5. Content Rights: Please do not copy content from our site without our permission. Every Alumni ARCHIVE site and all of the content of the various sites, is protected by intellectual property and other laws throughout the world, and is the copyrighted property of Alumni ARCHIVE. None of the content found on this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, distributed, sold, licensed, transferred, distributed or modified without the express written permission of Alumni ARCHIVE. Unauthorized use of the site would be a violation of Alumni ARCHIVE's and its licensors' rights. In addition, the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this site (collectively, the "Trademarks") are the property of Alumni ARCHIVE, its affiliates, and various third parties. The site and the software incorporated in the site may not be reverse engineered, decompiled or disassembled.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties: EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN THIS PROVISION, THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND Alumni ARCHIVE DISCLAIMS, AND YOU WAIVE, ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTY, OR REPRESENTATION RELATED TO THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND CONTENT OF THE SITE ARE NOT WARRANTED TO BE UNINTERRUPTED OR WITHOUT ERROR, AND Alumni ARCHIVE AND ITS PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF INFORMATION ON THE SITE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AND COST OF REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS TO YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE DUE TO THE USE OF THE SITE. This disclaimer of warranty may not apply to all users.
7 . Limitations of Liability & Remedies: YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR SOLE RISK. Alumni ARCHIVE, AND Alumni ARCHIVE'S DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER FROM USE OF THE SITE OR VIRUSES, OR DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS EVEN IF Alumni ARCHIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS. Your sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of this agreement by Alumni ARCHIVE shall be a refund of the fees paid for membership. Alumni ARCHIVE is not responsible for, and shall have no liability with respect to, the content of third party Web sites that are linked to or from the site. Alumni ARCHIVE is not responsible for the user generated content on the site. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability to the extent set forth herein; therefore, this provision may not apply to every person as written.
8 . Customer Warranties & Indemnification: You warrant and represent that
- You shall abide by all the terms and conditions of this agreement;
- You are of sufficient legal age to use this site and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this site;
- You will not take any action which would derogate Alumni ARCHIVE's or its licensors' rights in and to their intellectual property or content;
- You will not infringe on the copyrights of any third parties;
- You will not violate any laws in your use or postings of information on the site; and
- You will not interfere in the business of Alumni ARCHIVE by posting information that violates the rules outlined above or by attempting to divert traffic from the Site. You shall indemnify and hold harmless, and at Alumni ARCHIVE's request defend, Alumni ARCHIVE, its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, affiliates and owners (each, an "Indemnified Party") from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees, an allocation for in-house counsel, and other legal costs) arising out of any claim of any third party resulting from any breach of your representations, warranties or covenants set forth in this agreement. You shall reimburse each Indemnified Party on demand for any costs, expenses and liabilities incurred by such Indemnified Party to which this indemnity relates.
9 . Links to Other Sites: Our sites often contain links to other sites. Alumni ARCHIVE does not endorse any other site and is not liable for any loss or damages related to the content, products or services available through those sites. If you have any problems or concerns regarding other sites, please contact their site administrator or webmaster directly.
10. Changes to Site and Terms of Service: Alumni ARCHIVE reserves the right to discontinue, delete and change the content or purposes of the site from time to time. Alumni ARCHIVE also reserves the right to change the Terms of Service at any time without prior notice.
11. Choice of Law & Venue: This Agreement shall for all purposes be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, United States of America, applicable to contracts negotiated and fully performed within that State, and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Maryland in any action brought to enforce or arising out of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Alumni ARCHIVE shall have the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any Unites States or non-United States court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive or other relief in Alumni ARCHIVE's sole discretion.
12. Miscellaneous Terms:
- No Partnership/Assignment. Our relationship is not one of agency or partnership and you will not be deemed to be a partner, employee, fiduciary, agent or representative of Alumni ARCHIVE by your use of the site. You may not assign or transfer your rights to any third party.
- Severability. These terms are severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- No Waiver. Failure to enforce a term of this agreement shall not be deemed a subsequent waiver of that term or other terms.
- Termination of Membership Permitted. The license granted in this agreement shall terminate automatically without notice from Alumni ARCHIVE if you fail to comply with any provision of this agreement. Alumni ARCHIVE may terminate a free membership at its sole discretion.
- Headings of No Effect. The headings in this agreement are used for convenience only and not for interpretation.
- Entire Agreement. This agreement is the entire understanding between us regarding your access to, license and use of the site and its content and supersedes any prior agreements, statements or representations with respect to the same.
We sincerely hope you enjoy your use of your Alumni ARCHIVE site. Please understand that these rules help protect the integrity of the information for all of our members.